Sunday, September 18, 2011

27# of Apples and Applesauce


We went apple picking yesterday and picked 27 lbs of apples.  The kids, my husband and I just kept picking not realizing how much we had picked!  Oh well, I guess we will be eating apples for awhile.  This morning I made some Crock Pot Applesauce and ooh does my house smell delicious!  Here is the recipe.

Ingredients:
8 apples, peeled, cored, and cut into cubes
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup water
2 tsp vanilla

Directions:
Put all ingredients in Crock Pot and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.  Stir every few hours which will break down the apples.  Enjoy hot or cool in fridge!

2 comments:

  1. Kelly, how much did it make? How long will it last in the fridge (if it's not eaten up)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It make about 8 - 1 cup servings and yes ours was gone in less than a week!

    ReplyDelete