Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Why You Should Wait to Use Your Coupons!


Through my almost year of heavy couponing (that is what I call it), I have learned to hold on and wait! I know I often get a high value coupon for a product I really want to try and all I want to do it buy it now! But I have learned to wait it out because chances are that product will go on sale and it will be an even better deal with my coupon! So why oh why did I break my rule this week?


The May 2010 issue of All You had a coupon for a $1.50 off a Buitoni Complete Meal and I have been eyeing up the Shrimp and Lobster Ravioli as a nice splurge for quite some time. Well the coupon expires 6/30/10 and I was getting nervous! When I went to Giant Eagle on Sunday they had them priced at $9.99 so I took the plunge and bought it. Normally I would NEVER pay that much for a frozen boxed meal for 2, but hey it was a splurge plus with the $1.50 off it brings the price down to $8.49. Now the package of Shrimp and Lobster Ravioli with a Garlic Cream Sauce is proudly sitting in my freezer staring at me every night. I am waiting for the perfect time to make it as a special dinner for just my husband and I. I sure hope it tastes as good as it looks!

Well guess what? I got my Giant Eagle advertisement in the mail and guess what is on sale for $7.99 starting on 6/17/10? Yep – the Buitoni meals! I could have had my splurge for $2 cheaper. Well lesson learned, hold onto the high value coupons and match it with a sale to get an even better deal! Well you can print another coupon from $1.50 off a meal here, so maybe I will have to buy another one like the Grilled Chicken and Spinach Cannelloni!

So tonight we needed a quick dinner and all my son wanted was peanut butter, so I finally opened that box!I HIGHLY recommended this meal as a treat, it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment