Saturday, October 2, 2010

City Chicken


To be perfectly honest, I never heard of City Chicken until I met my wonderful husband 15 years ago!  This is one of his Mom's recipes that we now make a lot during the winter.  It is super easy and cooks in the crock pot all day!

Ingredients;
 4 -6 skewers of city chicken (I buy mine on the skewers already at the butcher)
1 cup of seasoned bread crumbs
2 eggs slighly beaten
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 cup of milk
1 bay leaf

Dredge skewers in egg and then coat in bread crumbs.  Fry them in oil until all sides are browned.  In crock pot mix soup and milk.  Add browned skewers and bay leaf to crock pot and cover with soup.  Cook on low for 8 hours.  Enjoy!

This recipe is linked up at the URS at Life as Mom!

2 comments:

  1. The recipe sounds great but what is city chicken?

    ReplyDelete
  2. my grandmother made city chicken too and from what I remember it's skewered veal and pork on skewers, then you do other things to it....I just can't remember, but i do know she didn't fry it...I think she baked it and it was delicious!!! GREAT taste and not dry! melts in your mouth.

    ReplyDelete