Monday, August 31, 2009
The deal is even sweeter at Walgreens. Buy 2 of the Velveeta Shells & Cheese cups and work the transaction as below:
They ring up at $1.29 each
Use BOGO coupon from 8/9 SS – Takes $1.29 off
Use In-ad coupon for $0.89 each – takes off $0.40 for each
Final out of pocket - $0.49
$1.00 Catalina prints at the register
$0.51 MONEY MAKER!
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Friday, August 28, 2009
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Bananas - $0.29/#
Campbell's Tomato or Chicken Noodle Soup - $0.49
Maxwell House 11.5 oz - $1.99
Nickles Breads - $0.89
Heinz Ketchup - $0.99
Campbell's Pork & Beans - $0.29
Yoplait - 20 for $10
Use $0.50 off 6 coupon here doubled to $10
Buy 6 - makes them $0.33 each!
Barilla Pasta - 10 for $10
Use $0.50 off 2 coupon 8/23 SS
Buy 2 - makes them $0.50 each!
Ideal Sweetner - BOGO (remember at GE you only have to buy one and it rings up 1/2 price)!
Use Free coupon (sorry can't remember source!)
Buy 1- FREE
Hamburger Helper- 10 for $10
Use $0.75 off 3 coupon 8/9 GM
Buy 3 - makes them $0.50 each!
Nature's Goodness Baby Food- 10 for $3 (need to buy 10)
Heluva Good Dips or Sour Cream- 2 for $3
Use $1.00 off 2 coupon
Buy 2 - makes them $1.00 each
Peaches - $0.99/#
Monday, August 24, 2009
Okay I bought:
2 boxes of Rice Krispies @ $2.50 each
3 boxes of Puffs @ $0.89 each
2 tubs of Huggies Wipes @ 2.79 each
Subtotal = $13.25
$2.00 of Walgreens Coupon for Huggies (from the Back-2-School Coupon Book available by the advertisements in the front of the store)
$2.00 of Walgreens Coupon for Huggies (from the Back-2-School Coupon)
$0.75 off Huggies (from Huggies mailer)
$0.75 off Huggies (from Huggies mailer)
$0.25 off Puffs
Plus I got a $2 Catalina for the Kellogg’s Cereal!
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Plus remember, you can STACK (use manufacturer's and Target coupon) on the same item to really increase your savings!
Friday, August 21, 2009
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Giant Eagle Pasta, Salad Dressing, Skillet Meals, Cheese Singles (12 oz) – 10 for $10
Gatorade (32 oz) – 10 for $10
Sparkle Paper Towel Roll or Angel Soft 4 pk – 10 for $10
Campbell’s Tomato Soup – 20 for $10
Kraft Mac & Cheese- 5 for $3
Yoplait Cups – 20 for $10
Use $0.40 off 8/9 General Mills Ad doubled to $0.80
Birdseye Bagged Vegetables (16 oz) – 5 for $3 (Must buy 5)!
***DEAL OF THE WEEK***
Plus remember they still have double fuel perks on gift cards through 8/26/09!
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
1. I have a Target Visa that I use at Target all the time. I get coupon books sent to my home address every 1-2 months. The booklets are usually targeted to items I normally buy, baby items, cleaning products, paper products, etc.
2. In the Smart Source or Red Plum inserts, some of the coupons will be specific for Target only, they will have the Target Logo on them. Today in the Red Plum insert there are Target Coupons for Tide and Bounty.
3. Internet printable sources: Organic Grocery Deals, Hot Coupon World,.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Friday, August 14, 2009
It's Friday, so that means it is time to share 5 more tips on ways to save money, here we go:
1. Use credit cards to your advantage if you can pay them off every month! My 2nd favorite credit card with rewards is my Target Visa. For every $1000 charged to your Target Visa you earn a 10% off shopping trip. I manage to get about 3-4 of these during the year and then do one monsterous trip!
2. If you have an infant and get formula checks from companies, sell them on EBAY, you can make around 50% of the value of the checks.
3. Shop re-sale shops for kids clothes. Kids go through clothes so fast, and often you can find brand new items at re-sale shops.
4. Buy ground meat in bulk. Last week at Giant Eagle they had ground beef for $1.79/# for 3+ pound packages. I bought 2-3# packages and came home and split it in 1# packs and put it in ziploc bags in the freezer.
5. Plant a garden and reap the benefits. When all my tomatoes come in I dice them and put about 2 cups into a ziploc bag and freeze. All year long whenever I make chili or spaghetti sauce in the crock pot, I throw a bag in!
And those are my tips on saving money this Friday!
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
- Still DOUBLE FUEL PERKS on Gift Cards through 8/26/09
- Gallon Milk is now ALWAYS $1.99
- Giant Eagle Butter Quarters - $1.78 (I will be stocking up for our annual Clam Bake)
- Kraft Easy Mac Cups - 10 for $10
- Purchase $10 of below and get $3 off next Shopping Trip
Chef Boyardee Canned Pasta (Use $0.35 off 3 which doubles to $0.70 from 8/2 SS), Manwich, Hunts Pasta Sauce, Hunts Canned Tomatoes, Hunts Snack Packs - 10 for $10
- Dannon Yogurt Cups - 20 for $10
- Lettuce heads, nectarines, and mushrooms - $0.99
Monday, August 10, 2009
2- Old Spice Deodorants @ $2.50 each
2 – Huggies Size 3 Little Movers @ $9.00 each
1 – Revlon Color Stay Mineral Mousse @ $9.99
1 – CVS 100 count Aspirin @ 1.99
SUBTOTAL = $34.98
$5 off a $25 purchase
$1 off 2 Old Spice Deodorants
$3.00 off Huggies Little Movers
$1.50 off Huggies
$1.99 – Free CVS Aspirin coupon that printed last week
$21.98 in ECB’s from last week
New Subtotal = $0.51 plus tax of $2.56
Paid out of pocket = $3.07
ECB’s Earned = $14.99
ECB’s still left over from last week = $12.98
TOTAL ECB’s = $27.97 for next week!
- Revlon Color-Stay Mineral Mouse Makeup - FREE after ECB's (Sun, Mon, Tues ONLY)
- Spend $10 on CoverGirl products get $2 ECBS (Use $2.50 or $1.00 coupons from 8/2 P&G)
- Old Spice High Endurance or Secret Solid 2 for $4 after $1 ECB (Use $1.00 off 2 8/2 P&G)
- Huggies Jumbo Packs - 2 for $14 after ECB's (Use 2-$1.50 off from 7/19 SS or I have a $3 off from a Huggies mailer)
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Friday, August 7, 2009
1. Rent movies from the Libray! I use to have Netflix which cost me $13.99/month. Over a year that is $168. Since I was a Netflix subscriber I have put my account on hold but I can still access my "Queue" and add movies to it. Now I just reserve through the libray and pick them up when ready!
2. I love to eat out! So to save money I always try to buy gift cards from Giant Eagle. When the have double fuel perks (like now!) you get 20 cents off per gallon per fifty dollar gift card. When we use out fuel perks we normally get 25 gallons, so essentially I got $5.00 off of my dinner!
3. If you can pay off your credit cards on a monthly basis, make them work for you. My favorite card is Discover. About every 3 months I earn enough for a $50 gift card to Long Horn Steak House (I'll share more of my favorite cards soon)!
4. Use those nice $0.75 off coupons at your grocery store that doubles them. I always buy baby wipes from Giant Eagle because my coupon doubles to $1.50 and then the wipes cost me $0.75.
5. Instead of going out to dinner on the weekend and then coming home and playing in the yard with the kids, eat at home and then take the kids to the park for a fun night out!
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved, seeded, and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup light mayo
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- pinch of salt
Ingredients for the crisps:
- 8 small pita rounds (5" in diameter)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- pinch of salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375. Wrap cucumbers in paper towels to remove excess moisture.
2. Stir together all ingredients for the dip and refrigerate in a airtight container.
3. Split each pita horizontally and then cut into quarters. Toss pitas with other ingredients in large ziploc bag. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and spread pitas. Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown!
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
- Gallon Milk - $1.99
- 80% Ground Chuck - $1.79/#
- San Giorgio Pasta - 10 for $10
- Del Gross Sauce - 10 for $10
- Hungry Jack Potatoes - 10 for $10
- Kellogg's Cereal - 5 for $10
- Honey Bunches or Oats or Pebbles Cereals - 5 for $10
- McCormick Taco Seasoning - 20 for $10 (GREAT DEAL!!!!)
- Giant Eagle Cream Cheese - 10 for $10
- Giant Eagle Flour Tortillas 10" - 10 for $10
- Red Grapes - $0.99/#
- Bagged Salads American or Garden - $0.99 each (GREAT DEAL!!!)
Monday, August 3, 2009
Sunday, August 2, 2009
- Kellogg's Cereals - 2 for $3 after $2 RR (Register Reward)
- Jell-o - 2 for $1 with in ad coupon plus use $0.50 coupon from 7-26 SS
- Bounty Paper Towels - 2 for $3 plus use $0.25 coupon from 8-2 P&G
- Elmer's Jumbo Glue Sticks - $0.99
- Vitamin Shampoo & Conditioners - FREE after RR
- Gum Toothbrushes 2 pk - FREE after RR
- ReNu MultiPlus 2 -80z - FREE plus use a $2 coupon here
- Zantac 150 8 ct - FREE
- Werther's Orginals Caramel Chocolate 5.2 oz - FREE
- Skin Clinic Advanced Wart Remover - FREE
- Duck Brand Tape - FREE
- GE SOft White Bulbs 2 pk - FREE
- Crest Pro Health 4.2 ox - FREE plus use $0.75 from 8-2 P&G (Proctor & Gamble Insert)
- Garnier Fructis - $0.99
- Gillete Venus Razor - FREE after rebate and $2.00 coupon from 8-2 P&G