Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ham Bone Soup


So after a 3 hour commute home due to blizzard conditions, I was so glad that I had this cooking in my crock pot. Unfortunately, everyone else already ate and I grabbed a bowl and forgot to take a picture. But this soup was easy and delicious. I used a ham bone from the Honey Baked Ham I had for my son’s birthday!


Ingredients:
1 ham bone with meat on it
6 cups of water
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1 can of diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
3 potatoes, peeled and diced
¼ cup diced onion
¼ cup diced carrots

Directions:
Put everything in the crock pot and let simmer on low for 8 – 10 hours. Make sure to stir occasionally and move the ham bone around. Do not add any salt because the ham makes it salty enough!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds yummy! I plan on trying it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete