Saturday, September 20, 2014
This recipe is super quick to put together and have on the table in less than an hour. It would also be a good recipe to take half and freeze for another night!
1 box of Penne noodles (16 oz)
1 jar of Alfredo sauce (10 oz)
1 container of Ricotta cheese (15 oz)
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup freshly cut parsley (you can sub dried parsley)
1 1/2 - 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Cook Penne according to package directions and drain.
2. Combine Penne and Alfredo sauce.
3. In a separate bowl, combine Ricotta, eggs, Parmesan, and parsley.
4. Spray a 9x13 dish with non-stick spray.
5. Put half of the Penne in the dish then top with Ricotta mixture, put remaining Penne on top.
6. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
Note - if you are going to freeze, before baking cover with foil and freeze. To cook, thaw completely and then bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
Monday, September 1, 2014
My 5 year old was so excited when he was the first one to be chosen in his kindergarten class to take home Pete the Cat. Pete the Cat is from the popular children's book series by James Dean and so happens to be my son's kindergarten class pet.
Every weekend, one student gets to take home Pete the Cat and have an adventure with him. We then have to take pictures and write a story about Pete the Cat's adventures in an album. My son will also get to talk about Pete the Cat's adventures with our family in class. Lucky for Pete the Cat, he just happened to go on an adventure to King's Island with our family!
Pete the Cat got to enjoy a ride on the bumper cars!
Pete the Cat also enjoyed some yummy pizza for lunch!