Tuesday, April 1, 2014

2014 Goals - March Recap




Its April 1st, so that means it is time to check in on our goals for 2014. I am quite proud of my progress so far.

I am making a real, conscious effort to set goals in 2014 and stick to them. The best way I can think of is to hold myself accountable on a monthly basis. Be sure to check back in the first of every month to see my progress as well as link up your progress.

1. Relationship with God - Do one activity a month to strength my relationship with God (going to mass on Sunday does not count).

I wrote a letter to my oldest son regarding his relationship with God and how proud his Dad and I are of him in preparation of his First Communion.  He will open the letter during an upcoming preparation day at church.

2. Relationship with my Husband - Go on one date night a month with my husband. Plan an overnight trip of at least 2 nights away to take in 2014

We did dinner out and our Saturday night bowling league and we had a lunch date one day during the week.

3. Family Time - Do one activity as a family once a month. Take one family vacation and one long weekend getaway in 2014.

We did a family bowling day in celebration of my oldest son's great report card!

Vacation #1 is booked for April!!!
 
Long weekend is booked for June!!

4. Relationships with my Kids - Do a one-on-one activity with each child each month (3 a month).

I did a school field trip with my oldest son.
I took my middle son on a shopping trip to Target where he got to pick out a stuffed animal.
I took both boys swimming at the recreation center on a cold Sunday.


5. Declutter - sell at least 5 items per month.

I sold a laundry basket of clothes to a consignment shop for $20 store credit.  I also sold 5 other items this month for a total a $18


6. Debt - Pay off Debt #1 and reduce Debt #2 by 50%

Debt #1 is paid and reduced Debt #2 by 15%.


7. Me Time - Say "no" to one extra commitment a month. Do an only me or "girls night" activity once a month.

I said "no" baking for a school function this month.  I did a "me only" shopping trip and bought items for "me only" for our upcoming vacation.


8. Budget Buster - Keep library fines to under $5 for the entire year (this is so hard for me).

YEAH!  I am so excited, 3 months and no library fines!  My process of checking my account online first thing Monday morning is really working for me!

 
9. Work/Life Balance - Friday at 5 pm - until Monday at 8 am - do not check work e-mails (I am off the clock).

Unfortunately, I am on a major integration project for work which has really overloaded me this month.  I had to work on a Saturday and Sunday night one weekend to get caught up on e-mails, however I did this after the kids went to bed!


10. Have an online business (this idea has been in my head for over a year) fully functioning by the end of 2014. I need to take one giant step every month to achieve this goal!

I did not make any additional progress in March, I had way too much going on at work this month!

How are you doing on your goals thus far? Feel free to leave a comment or link up!


4 comments:

  1. You made awesome progress on many areas. Cool to see how you kept on track on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss bowling so much. I bowled for about 30 years and then just quit. I think I was burned out and only bowled once a week. You have a great set of goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounded very positive to me a good month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have specific goals and are writing down how you meet them. It sounds so basic, but so many times I make goals and then never really know if I met them. Great reminder!

    ReplyDelete