Friday, May 23, 2014
Macaroni and Cheese Pie - Easy One Dish Dinner
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup uncooked macaroni (I used small shells)
1/2 cup all purpose baking mix
2 1/4 cups milk
1/4 cup diced onion
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Heat oven 375F.
2. Spray 9" glass pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Place uncooked noodles in pie plate.
4. Spread 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese over the top.
5. In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients until blended.
6. Pour mixture into pie plate.
7. Spray s sheet of foil with non-stick cooking spray and cover.
8. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
9. Spread remaining cheese over top and cook for additional 10 minutes.
10. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Next time I am going to try some different add-ins, chopped broccoli or diced ham would probably work well!