Saturday, September 20, 2014
Cheesy Baked Penne
This recipe is super quick to put together and have on the table in less than an hour. It would also be a good recipe to take half and freeze for another night!
1 box of Penne noodles (16 oz)
1 jar of Alfredo sauce (10 oz)
1 container of Ricotta cheese (15 oz)
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup freshly cut parsley (you can sub dried parsley)
1 1/2 - 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Cook Penne according to package directions and drain.
2. Combine Penne and Alfredo sauce.
3. In a separate bowl, combine Ricotta, eggs, Parmesan, and parsley.
4. Spray a 9x13 dish with non-stick spray.
5. Put half of the Penne in the dish then top with Ricotta mixture, put remaining Penne on top.
6. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
Note - if you are going to freeze, before baking cover with foil and freeze. To cook, thaw completely and then bake at 350F for 30 minutes.