Sunday, August 16, 2015
Blueberry Breakfast Cake
This breakfast cake is light, fluffy, ooey-gooey deliciousness! I used frozen blueberries we had left over from picking last summer, but feel free to use fresh ones too!
1/2 cup salted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup flour
1 3/4 cups Bisquick Mix
2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup buttermilk (or 1/2 cup milk with tsp of lemon juice)
1 Tbsp sugar for top
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Cream butter and sugar on low until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg and vanilla.
4. Add Bisquick slowly to butter/sugar mixture alternating with the buttermilk.
5. Combine blueberries with flour.
6. Fold in blueberries.
7. Spray 8x8 pan with cooking spray.
8. Spread batter into pan (it will be thick).
9. Sprinkle top with remaining sugar.
10. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
11. Let stand for 15 minutes.