Tuesday, March 1, 2016
Broccoli Cheese Soup - Easy, Fast, Kid Approved
This recipe is so quick, easy and delicious! It is perfect on a cold night with little time to get dinner together!
2 + 4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons flour
2 can chicken broth
2 cups whole milk
1/2 onion diced
2 cups chopped broccoli
1/2 tsp. ground mustard
1/2 tsp. paprika
Salt & Pepper to taste.
2 cups shredded cheddar
1. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in small saucepan. Add onions and saute until clear. Set aside.
2. In stock pot on medium heat, melt remaining butter.
3. Add flour to melted butter and still to combine.
4. Whisk in 2 cans of chicken broth.
5. Once combined, whisk in milk.
6. Add spices and stir to combine.
7. Cook on medium high until it begins to bubble.
8. Add cooked onions and broccoli.
9. Simmer on medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
10. Stir in shredded cheese.
11. Serve! You can also top with extra cheese!