Sunday, June 5, 2011

"Don't Take Life So Seriously!"


"Don't take life so seriously!"  As we went to church as a family this morning, these were the words our priest said to end his homily, "don't take life so seriously"!  Wow - this really hit home for me.  Sometimes I get so caught up in making sure everything in perfect, every penny is budgeted, every tooth is brushed, and every dish is washed!  "Don't take life so seriously" has been on my mind all day!  So today instead of taking life so seriously we...
  • Ran through the sprinkler,
  • Ate cookies before dinner,
  • Had a squirt gun fight,
  • Played with water balloons,
  • Enjoyed an extra scoop of Cool Whip on my Strawberry Shortcake,
  • Kissed my husband and told him he is an amazing Dad,
  • Sat in a lounge chair at my Mother-in-Law's and enjoyed the sunshine,
  • Let my sister-in-law cook us dinner,
  • Just played with the kids!
What an amazing day we had!  There is always tomorrow to do the laundry, wash the dishes, and pay the bills! 

No comments:

Post a Comment