Saturday, September 15, 2012

Tomato, Mozzarella, Basil Salad


So our garden has been loaded with tomatoes this year!  I made this quick and easy Tomato, Mozzarella, Basil Salad for my daughter's Baptism a few weeks ago.  The best part is, you can make this up in the morning, and when the party begins, simply bring it out and serve!

Cut up Roma tomatoes in thin slices.  Slice mozzarella cheese into thin slices.  Cut fresh Basil in thin strips.  Place two tomatoes on serving dish, place a slice a mozzarella on top and then garnish with fresh basil.  Then use a Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing and place all over the salad.  (I used the Aldi brand and it tasted wonderful!)  Let sit in the refrigerator before serving for a few hours to soak up the flavors of the dressing.  Enjoy!  I received so many compliments on this light, tasty salad.  Plus it was a bonus when I said the tomatoes were fresh from my garden!


No comments:

Post a Comment