Monday, July 22, 2013

Zucchini Cakes


The zucchini has begun to sprout in our garden.  I made two loaves of zucchini bread on Saturday morning and had some grated zucchini left over.  So last night I made these zucchini cakes to go with dinner.  They were delicious!

Ingredients:
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 onion, grated
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. paprika

Directions:
1.  Heat oil in a pan on medium-high heat
2.  Combine all ingredients.  Shape in a patty (they are a little lose) and then carefully lay into hot oil.
3.  Flip after 3-5 minutes (when nicely browned) and repeat on the other side.

I ate mine with ketchup (but I love ketchup on a lot of things), I think sour cream would also be good!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment