Saturday, January 30, 2010

Freezer Cooking Day - Part 1


So I am joining MoneySavingMom and LifeasMom in their Freezer Cooking Day (well weekend). I am trying to do what I can since I have my niece's birthday party today and my son's tomorrow. So I managed to score some BOGO Top Round so I made up some Fajita Kits!
I had 2 - 1 lb packs of Top Round, 2 Green Peppers, and 1 LARGE onion. I chopped the onion and green peppers up and put them in bags. I then sliced the meat and put it in smaller bags and placed the smaller bags in which the veggies. I will freeze these and defrost when I am ready to cook and use my McCormick Fajita Seasoning and some tortillas!



So I managed to made 2 dinners for a very low cost:
Top Round - $4.70 for 2 packs
Peppers - $2.32
Onion - $0.98
Total of - $8.00 or $4 per meal!
















No comments:

Post a Comment