Thursday, March 17, 2011

Corned Beef, Cabbage, and Potatoes - Happy St. Patrick's Day!


All day at work, all I could think about was what was in my Crock Pot and how incredible my house was going to smell when I got home!  Yep, its St. Patty's Day and we always make Corned Beef, Cabbage, and Red Skinned Potatoes!

Before I left for work, I washed the potatoes and put them in the Crock Pot.  I then put the meat on top and added the seasoning packet.  I filled the Crock Pot up with water to cover the meat and let it cook on low for 9 hours.

My wonderful husband took the meat and potatoes out after 9 hours and added the cabbage.  We let the cabbage cook on high for an hour in all those wonderful juices!

Yum - delicous, well worth the wait today!  We enjoyed our St. Patrick's Day feast!  Hope you had a wonderful feast also!

We had an amazing 62 degree sunshine filled day here.  The boys played outside for about three hours this morning.  Dad got to clean out the garage and wash the van.  I took the boys out after dinner for about another 2 hours.  I think we are going to have a rough time getting in the house once summer begins!

Hope you enjoyed your St. Patty's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment