Lake Erie Nature and Science Center
28728 Wolf Road
Bay Village, OH 44140
Donations to the Owl Collection Box are encouraged and greatly appreciated
Stroller and Wheelchair Friendly
Hours of Operation:
Open Monday through Sunday
10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Closed major holidays:
Easter - April 24, 2011
Memorial Day - May 30, 2011
Independence Day - July 4, 2011
Labor Day - September 5, 2011
Thanksgiving Day - November 24, 2011
Christmas Day - December 25, 2011
New Year's Day - January 1, 2012
Closes at 3 p.m. on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.
Indoor and outdoor animal exhibits
Different varieties of turtles, snakes, frogs, fish, and lizards in the indoor exhibit including a children’s play area with a puppet show house. Outdoor exhibits include birds, ducks, a bald eagle, hawks, wild turkeys, a red fox, deer, a skunk, and rabbits. There is also a planetarium with daily shows.
My Kids’ Favorites:
1. The indoor turtle exhibit – there are at least 7 large turtles in an open exhibit.
2. The outside bridge going over a small pond full of fish and turtles outside.
3. The planetarium show and walk through area where you “glow” in the dark.
1. Admission is FREE!
2. We’ve gone on weekdays and weekends and never have had to deal with any crowds.
3. Parking is convenient to the front door.
4. Very stroller and wheelchair friendly, all on one level inside and outside.
We normally spend about 2 hours at the Lake Erie Nature and Science Center. Make a day of it and pack a picnic lunch! There are picnic tables located by the parking lot.