Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Corn Flake Muffins



This is an easy recipe and you most likely have everything on hand in your house.  I had some corn flakes to use up so I wanted to try it out.  The results?  They were delicious, even my toughest critic (my husband) said they were "really good"!  I will definitely be making more of these!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups white flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup white sugar
2 cups corn flakes, crushed
1 1/4 cup milk
1 egg
1/3 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400.  Grease muffins cups or use paper liners.  Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in one bowl.  In other bowl combine corn flakes and milk and let set 2 minutes.  After 2 minutes beat in egg, oil, and vanilla.  Slowly beat in dry ingredients until just mixed.  Pour into muffin pans and bake for 20 minutes.  Enjoy warm.

Next time I make these, I think I will add a little honey to the wet ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment