Thursday, February 7, 2013

Slow Cooker BBQ Short Ribs

So last winter we split a half of a cow with my sister and her family. Within a year we have managed to eat our ¼ portion of our cow. The only thing left in my deep freezer is 5 lbs of ground beef and a package of short ribs. I have never cooked short ribs before so that is probably the reason I left them in there a year till the end! Well last night I took the plunge and finally cooked them up and to my surprise they were delicious and my husband and family enjoyed them! Here is my recipe:
2-3 lbs of beef short ribs
1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (Ours is Sweet Baby Ray’s)
1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
¼ cup flour
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup honey
¼ cup diced onions
Directions:
Put short ribs in slow cooker place onions on top of ribs. Combine remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and then pour over short ribs. Cook on low for 8 – 10 hours. We served ours with some white rice! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment