So I told my husband about this challenge about eating from the pantry the month of January, and as usual he rolled his eyes and laughed. But instead of laughing with him, I am moving forward with this challenge. I am looking for new and challenging ways to save money in 2010 since I have some pretty adventurous goals (I'll be sharing those soon), so lets start the year off with a bang!!
My pantry is very abundant since I have snagged a lot of great deals lately. So to complete this challenge, my guidelines are posted below:
1. Spend no more than $20 per week on fresh items that are needed, such as milk, eggs, yogurt, fruits, veggies, and meat!
2. Eat at home at least 5 nights per week and use at least 1 item from the pantry at every dinner!
3. Pack my lunch for work at least 4 out of the 5 days (hopefully with leftovers)!
4. I cuurently have a grocery budget of $65 per week, so the extra $180+ dollars will go directly to the principal on my car (one of my goals of 2010 is to pay it off)!
5. My weeks run from Sun - Sat, so my challenge will start on 1/3/10 and end on 1/30/10!
Hubby, I hope you are ready because on January 3 we are starting!!!