Friday, December 25, 2009

What I Learned in 2009 - Part 1 of 4


Part 1 - Ten Things I Learned About Getting Started Being a Bargain Hunter
1. Start slow and learn one store at a time (I recommend starting with CVS)!
2. Find what you spend now a week on groceries and set a weekly goal (mine is $65).
3. Track your spending for a couple of months, write down everything and you will see where you are spending the most $$!
4. Use what works best for you. A lot of people advocate an all cash system, I continue to use credit cards because I pay them off and reap more rewards!
5. Learn coupon strategies, such as stacking a Target and MFG coupon, for extra savings!
6. Know your prices for items, so you can spot a good deal, bigger packages are not always a better deal!
7. When there is a GREAT DEAL, STOCKPILE!! It may not get that low for another 6 months.
8. Don't be brand loyal. You can get better deals if you switch brands. I do however have to have my Tide, so I do stock up when there is a good sale.
9. Brand name items in most cases cost less then generic when bought on sale and with a coupon!
10. Shop at a few different stores, I usually have a trip to Giant Eagle, CVS, and Walgreens once a week!
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment