Saturday, April 24, 2010

Window Washing

Growing up, my parents were always excited about spring and washing windows!  It was a whole day event, mom would do the inside while my dad followed her on the outside.  I never quite understood how it was so exciting! 

My husband and I have been married for 7 1/2 years and we have never done this window washing tradition, I vowed to not wash windows.  Well last year we replaced ALL of the windows in our house.  It is so nice to have beautiful windows that ALL open easily to let that spring time breeze in to clear out the winter germs that might still be looming!

This year the spring cleaing bug has hit me big time.  I have been cleaning out closets like a mad woman.  And guess what I did today?  Yep - I washed ALL the windows in the house, inside and out.  It felt really good and they look all shiny and new!  It rained a few hours later, but it felt good to clean all of the dirt out of the inside of the windows.  So perhaps I am like my mom??

After I did this by hand with Windex, yes Windex my mom ALWAYS uses Windex, I found this cool $2.50 off coupon for Windex Outdoor.  Perhaps next year I will try it!

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment