Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Garden Has Sprung!

So after being away for a week, we were surprised by the progress of our garden. When we got home we had to weed and weed some more. I think weeding is a never ending battle no matter what! But it is worth it when you get freshly grown veggies from your own backyard! So we were able to pick:

6 zucchini
5 green peppers
1 cucumber


I already whipped up 2 loaves of zucchini bread, check out my recipe here. I am also making my stuffed green peppers for dinner this week. I am working on a recipe for Sausage Stuffed Zucchini that I will put up later in the week. Stay tuned for more updates as our hard work begins to come to light as we begin to pick our veggies. I have A LOT of green tomatoes and some little jalapenos so I am hoping for some fresh salsa in the weeks to come. This is my absolute favorite dish of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment