Thursday, November 11, 2010

Christmas Shopping Season


It’s November, and yes time to start Christmas shopping if you haven’t started already! We also have a lot of winter birthdays in our family also, so we are buying birthday gifts normally at the same time! Here are a few ways/rules which I use to tackle the holiday shopping.


1. Determine you total amount to spend on gifts and begin saving 6 months to a year in advance. If not this year, start in January for 2011! It is a lot less stressful not having January bills after the holiday is over!

2. Make a list of who you are buying for, your budget for each person, and potential gift ideas. Once you buy their gift(s) update your list and the amount spent.

3. Slow and Steady and Start Now. I found that mini trips are the best way to shop. Have a list and go and get what is on that list. Frustration sets in when you wander aimlessly around the store trying to find out what to get a person. You also get worn out when you go to store after store after store!

4. Never enter Toys R Us on the weekend or in the month of December! I do mini Toys R Us trips on my lunch hour throughout November! I find it is less crowded and a more pleasant experience. Toys R Us sends out loads of coupons and I utilize them as they come!

5. Utilize Amazon and other online coupons & free shipping offers! Nothing makes a more pleasant shopping experience then never having to leave the comfort of my office chair!

6. Maximize your online savings by using Amazon gift cards earned through Swagbucks and shopping through EBATES first!

7. Use those JCPenney coupons! I have a $10 off a $10 purchase coupon right now sitting on my counter. I will go in and buy 1 or 2 items to get the total right over ten dollars and that’s it. This is the perfect time to buy socks, hair accessories, and tights for stocking stuffers!

No comments:

Post a Comment