What’s a girl to do when she wants enchiladas but she only has 6” fajita shells? Make a Beef Enchilada Pie! All of the same ingredients in traditional enchiladas but layered and baked in a pie pan! Genius and absolutely delicious!
Ingredients:1# ground beef
1 Tbsp taco seasoning
1 can of enchilada sauce (I used mild and mine still had a “kick”)
½ cup salsa
¾ cup water
10 flour tortillas (I used the 6” fajita ones)
Non-stick cooking spray
1 ½ cups shredded cheese (I used the Mexican blend, but cheddar will work fine)
1. Brown beef in a skillet and drain off fat.
2. Add taco seasoning, enchilada sauce, salsa, and water and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350F
5. Warm your tortilla shells in the microwave for 30 seconds.
6. Using a pizza cutter, stack the tortilla shells and cut into 2” strips.
7. Spray bottom and sides of pie pan with non-stick cooking spray.
8. Arrange half of tortilla strips on the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan.
9. Pour half of the beef mixture on the tortilla strips and top with ½ cup shredded cheese.
10. Layer remaining tortilla strips on top of the cheese and top with remaining beef and cheese.
11. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes, slice like a pie and enjoy!