Saturday, January 25, 2014

8 Year Old Birthday Treats


Okay, I'm going to be brutally honest here, the one thing I despise are those little bags of stuff (junk) kids bring home from birthday parties.  I always end up throwing most of the stuff away and I feel really bad.  One exception is all those pencils I seem to accumulate.  I collect those and them give them to teachers to give out as prizes (ha ha ha)!

So my oldest is having a kids birthday party this year for his 8th birthday.  I know I needed to put together gift bags for the kids, but I wanted it to be useful items (and on a budget).  This is what I came up with:




Here is what was included and how it breaks down in cost.  I was able to get all this stuff at Dollar Tree.  The theme of his party was Monsters University and I found these really cool fruit snacks which just made the gifts!  I needed to make 12 gifts.

Green Plastic Cups - Came in pack of 4 for $1 each = $3 total
Monsters Fruit Snacks - Came in a pack of 3 for $1 each = $4 total
Straws - Came in pack of 6 for $1 each = $2 total
Vanilla Wafer Packages - 20 in pack for $1 = $1 total
Smarties Candy - 20 in pack for $1 = $1 total
Suckers - 20 in pack for $1 = $1 total
Tissue Paper - 20 sheets in pack for $1 = $1 total
 

 So overall, I spent $13, so it was a little over $1 each to make the party cups!


No comments:

Post a Comment