Thursday, January 30, 2014
Chocolate Eclair Cake
1 cup water
1/2 cup butter
1 cup flour
4 large eggs
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 large box (5.1 ounces) vanilla instant pudding
3 cups milk
1 8 oz. container cool whip
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease a 9″x13″ Pyrex dish.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt butter in water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in flour. Mix in one egg at a time, mixing completely before adding another egg. Spread mixture into pan, covering the bottom and sides evenly. Try to get it up the sides of the pan the best you can.
3. Bake for 25 - 30 or until golden brown. You may want to check it occasionally, you don’t want to overcook the crust. Remove from oven and let cool (don’t touch or push bubbles down).
4. Beat cream cheese in a medium bowl.
5. In a separate bowl, beat instant pudding and milk. Once thickened, slowing add pudding to cream cheese and beat until there are no lumps. Let cool in the refrigerator.
6. When the crust is completely cooled, pour filling into crust. Top with layer of cool whip and chill until ready to serve. Before serving, add chocolate sauce to top.