1. Don't use your high value coupons right away , chances are a sale will come and it will make it an even better deal!
2. Use credit cards to your advantage, if you can pay them off every month. My 4th favorite card is my Old Navy Card. You earn a $10 off coupon with every $100 charged!
3. Use your left overs to make soup! Extra roast or chicken? Freeze the cooked meat and throw it into a soup. You can even do this with leftover veggies!
4. Insitute a "meatless" dinner night once a week. You can save a lot of money just by making a simple pasta with no meat!
5. I always use Tide for our clothes, however for our rags and rugs, I buy the really cheap detergent and wash them in it!