Friday, August 14, 2009

Five Ways to Save Money on Friday



It's Friday, so that means it is time to share 5 more tips on ways to save money, here we go:
1. Use credit cards to your advantage if you can pay them off every month! My 2nd favorite credit card with rewards is my Target Visa. For every $1000 charged to your Target Visa you earn a 10% off shopping trip. I manage to get about 3-4 of these during the year and then do one monsterous trip!
2. If you have an infant and get formula checks from companies, sell them on EBAY, you can make around 50% of the value of the checks.
3. Shop re-sale shops for kids clothes. Kids go through clothes so fast, and often you can find brand new items at re-sale shops.
4. Buy ground meat in bulk. Last week at Giant Eagle they had ground beef for $1.79/# for 3+ pound packages. I bought 2-3# packages and came home and split it in 1# packs and put it in ziploc bags in the freezer.
5. Plant a garden and reap the benefits. When all my tomatoes come in I dice them and put about 2 cups into a ziploc bag and freeze. All year long whenever I make chili or spaghetti sauce in the crock pot, I throw a bag in!

And those are my tips on saving money this Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment