Its February 1st, so that means it is time to check in on our goals for 2014. I am quite proud of my progress so far.
I am making a real, conscious effort to set goals in 2014 and stick to them. The best way I can think of is to hold myself accountable on a monthly basis. Be sure to check back in the first of every month to see my progress as well as link up your progress.
1. Relationship with God - Do one activity a month to strength my relationship with God (going to mass on Sunday does not count).
I attended a weekday mass on January 28th to celebrate my sister's birthday
2. Relationship with my Husband - Go on one date night a month with my husband. Plan an overnight trip of at least 2 nights away to take in 2014
We did dinner out and our Saturday night bowling league
3. Family Time - Do one activity as a family once a month. Take one family vacation and one long weekend getaway in 2014.
We celebrated our son's 8th birthday and went to The Jump Yard
Vacation #1 is booked for April!!!
4. Relationships with my Kids - Do a one-on-one activity with each child each month (3 a month).
I took each of the 3 kids on a shopping trip alone with only me
5. Declutter - sell at least 5 items per month.
I sold 15 items this month for a total of over $60
6. Debt - Pay off Debt #1 and reduce Debt #2 by 50%
Made a large payment on Debt #1 and reduced Debt #2 by 5%
7. Me Time - Say "no" to one extra commitment a month. Do an only me or "girls night" activity once a month.
I said "no" to making my son's 8th birthday cake and ordered the cake. I had a dinner night out with work colleagues
8. Budget Buster - Keep library fines to under $5 for the entire year (this is so hard for me).
No library fines this month, I am committed to checking my account online first thing Monday morning
9. Work/Life Balance - Friday at 5 pm - until Monday at 8 am - do not check work e-mails (I am off the clock).
Struggling here a bit, I still look at my iPhone too much to see e-mails, however I have not opened my laptop on the weekends
10. Have an online business (this idea has been in my head for over a year) fully functioning by the end of 2014. I need to take one giant step every month to achieve this goal!
I started writing my business plan and have a pretty good outline thus far
How are you doing on your goals thus far? Feel free to leave a comment or link up!