Did you make a New Year’s Resolution to lose weight? Well I found this interesting article by The Cleveland Clinic on foods to avoid while you are dieting; a few of them particularly surprised me!
1. Drinks With Calories – choose drinks with zero calories and ones that are NOT loaded with sugar.
2. Store Bough Smoothies – these can contain upwards of a 1000 calories, make your own with fresh fruit, veggies, and low fat yogurt.
3. Store Bought Trail Mix – they normally contain a lot of trans fat.
4. Frozen Diet Entrees – typically loaded with sodium and very few nutrients.
5. Fiber/Protein Bars – skip the bars and eat fresh fruit and veggies.