The colder months are here are some tips for insulating your home better . . .
1. Apply Weather Stripping to doors and windows.
2. Insulate outlets and light switches.
3. Install a programmable thermostat and set it to turn down the thermostat at night and when you are gone.
Saving Money With Your Water . . .
1. Install a tankless water heater.
2. Insulate your water heater,, just make sure that you don’t cover up important pieces of the heater such as the thermostat and the air intake.
3. Wash clothes in warm or cold water.
Appliances are your biggest energy sucker. Use these tips to reduce the energy they use:
1. Pack the dishwasher. Don’t over pack it, but make sure that you never run the dishwasher for three or four plates and some silverware.
2. Air Dry Large pots, pans, and dishes. These take up a lot of room in the dishwasher, and you’ll use it less if you dry these items yourself.
3 .Buy appliances with the Energy Star sticker on them.
4. Use the microwave or toaster oven to re-heat food. Don’t use the oven just to re-heat something. It uses much more energy to heat up.