Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What We Did On Our July 4th Staycation


We had a wonderful, long July 4th weekend.  The weather was beautiful, it was HOT but only rained after we went to bed two nights in a row.  We did some fun things as a family and kept the budget low!

First we took in a day at our local Zoo.  The boys love seeing all the animals.  We packed a pinic lunch of sandwiches, fruit, and chips.  It made the day pleasant and enjoyable!



On another day, we were able to visit a community pool that my parents belong too.  It was hot. 85-90 degrees, but it didn't seem to bother us.  We had a blast playing in the water and going down the water slide!  My oldest who just made it to 48" went down the waterslide for about 4 hours straight!  He even managed to have his Grandma go down with him a few times!  Admission was free since we were guests of my Mom.  We packed snacks and drinks to enjoy during the rest periods.  We then enjoyed dinner with my parents!


We enjoyed swiming so much, we were able to take in one more day at a different community pool that my husband's parents are members!  We then enjoyed some pulled pork sandwiches back at their house!

The final day was 4th of July!  We had a picnic with my family and then of course, Fireworks!  This was the first time my youngest experienced fireworks and he loved it!  We also did some sparklers which was interesting with 2 young children, but well worth it!



I hope everyone had a fun-filled 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment