Saturday, July 23, 2011

Garden Update & Zucchini Bread!



So my garden is doing great thus far!  This week we picked 5 zucchinis and one cucumber.  The cucumber was a bit on the small side, but the boys really wanted to pick it and have it for lunch.  Which they did, they ate it up!

So with the zucchini's this week I made these Baked Zucchini Sticks and today I made 2 loaves of my Zucchini Bread!  My house smells amazing and I cannot wait to cut into the bread!

I have lots of green tomatoes, some jalapenos, and loads of small cucumbers.  I anticipate being able to pick some more zucchinis and cucumbers this week.  Perhaps in two weeks my tomatoes and jalapenos will be ready and I can made homemade salsa, my absolute favorite thing to make with garden fresh veggies!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment