Saturday, February 1, 2014

12 Months to a Healthier You: February’s Challenge


I am joining Money Saving Mom in 2014 on her 12 Months to a Healthier You Challenge!

Every month she is focusing on one challenge area each month — all with the goal of being in a healthier place as a person by the end of the year.  The hope is that as we work on instilling one new healthy habits each month, they won’t just be month-long challenges, but lifelong changes.

12 Months to a Healthier You Focus Areas for 2014


January: Exercise Regularly
February: Eat More Fresh Fruits & Veggies
March: Drink More Water
April: Cut Back on Sugar
May: Get More Rest
June: Create a Morning Routine
July: Read More
August: Go to Bed Earlier
September: Declutter Your Home
October: Cut Back on Caffeine
November: Keep a Gratitude Journal
December: Simplify & Say No

For January, I committed to 30 minutes of vigorous walking three times a week.   The verdict?  I did it!  Most weeks in January, I was able to walk 4 -5 times.  The best part is, I am now walking on my lunch break at work with four other ladies.  We started doing the DVD Walk Away the Pounds by Leslie Sansone.  We do the 2 mile walk and it takes us a little over 30 minutes to complete.  This also does an upper body workout using weights.  I am so excited that I am reaching my goal and that I have a great group of women to motivate me.  This habit will definitely continue in 2014!

For February, the challenge is to eat more fruits and vegetables.  To achieve this goal, I am going to pack a least one fruit and one vegetable for snacks every day at work.  This will guarantee me to eat a fruit and vegetable at least 5 times per week!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Good for you! As you know I'm doing this challenge too and so glad. It helps me feel better to exercise and take better care of myself. Tonight I cut up all the fruit we had, added some honey and a little lime juice. Mangoes, blackberries, blueberries and clementines. Pretty tasty, I could've eaten it all myself!

    ReplyDelete