Monday, February 24, 2014

Baked Cheesy Heart Crackers




 
This recipe was so easy, I almost could not believe it! 
 
I did these crackers in the shape of a heart for my preschooler's Valentine's Day Party!
 
 
Ingredients:
8 oz. finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup of flour
1/2 tsp. salt
4 tbsp. cold butter cut into small pieces
4 tbsp. cold water
 
Directions:
1.  Combine cheese, flour, salt, and butter.  I worked the ingredients through my fingers to really get it combined. 
2.  Using an electric mixture add cold water 1 tbsp. at a time until the dough is formed. 
3.  Form dough into ball and then split into two flat disks.  Wrap in plastic wrap and cool for 30 minutes.
4.  Heat oven to 350F.
5.  Roll out dough on a floured surface and use cookie cutters to stamp out crackers.
6.  Place cut outs on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
7.  Bake for 15 minutes.
8.  Cool on wire rack.
 
This recipe yielded approximately 100 heart shaped crackers (1")
 
Here is how the snacks looked at the party!
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely going to be making these with the kids. So simple! Thanks for linking up at my Just for Kids party last week. You are my featured blog for this week. Would love for you to come by and link again. http://www.homeschoolingmom4two.com/2014/03/just-for-kids-weekly-link-up-crafts.html

    ReplyDelete