Friday, February 28, 2014

2014 Goals - February Recap


Its March 1st, so that means it is time to check in on our goals for 2014. I am quite proud of my progress so far.

I am making a real, conscious effort to set goals in 2014 and stick to them. The best way I can think of is to hold myself accountable on a monthly basis. Be sure to check back in the first of every month to see my progress as well as link up your progress.

1. Relationship with God - Do one activity a month to strength my relationship with God (going to mass on Sunday does not count).
Not happy with my progress here - I always attend Sunday mass, but I want to do something extra.  I need to make a conscience effort in March!


2. Relationship with my Husband - Go on one date night a month with my husband. Plan an overnight trip of at least 2 nights away to take in 2014
We did dinner out and our Saturday night bowling league and we went our for dinner and drinks with another couple!


3. Family Time - Do one activity as a family once a month. Take one family vacation and one long weekend getaway in 2014.
We took the boys to Monster Jam!
Vacation #1 is booked for April!!!


4. Relationships with my Kids - Do a one-on-one activity with each child each month (3 a month).
I took the boys to see The Lego Movie


5. Declutter - sell at least 5 items per month.
I sold 9 items this month for a total a $55


6. Debt - Pay off Debt #1 and reduce Debt #2 by 50%
Made last payment on Debt #1 (yeah - no more car payments!) and reduced Debt #2 by 10%


7. Me Time - Say "no" to one extra commitment a month. Do an only me or "girls night" activity once a month.
I said "no" to a birthday party invite.  I had a night out with 2 dear friends from college as well as had my hair cut and highlighted
8. Budget Buster - Keep library fines to under $5 for the entire year (this is so hard for me).
No library fines this month, I am committed to checking my account online first thing Monday morning
9. Work/Life Balance - Friday at 5 pm - until Monday at 8 am - do not check work e-mails (I am off the clock).
Struggling here a bit, I still look at my iPhone too much to see e-mails, however I have not opened my laptop on the weekends


10. Have an online business (this idea has been in my head for over a year) fully functioning by the end of 2014. I need to take one giant step every month to achieve this goal!
I did not make any additional progress in February.  I am getting sidetracked with working on my blog and now I want to write an eBook.  My mind is so scattered and I need to figure out what I truly want to focus on in March!
 
How are you doing on your goals thus far? Feel free to leave a comment or link up!

 

4 comments:

  1. You are doing very well! I'm so impressed with you keeping your computer off all weekend, and you selling stuff online. I had a goal to list books on ebay, and I haven't done it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are really making your goals work. I am so into making time for myself. Even if its drinking a cup of coffee, watching the birds and having a little devotional time. I believe that calms me more than anything. UNLESS, I take a hot bubble bath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you said "no" to something and spent more time with friends! How was the Lego Movie? I have 3 boys and we are Lego fans but we have not seen it yet!

    Here are my goals, hope you will stop by. http://momssmallvictories.com/march-2014-personal-goals-2014goals/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boys absolutely LOVED the Lego Movie. They thought it was hilarious. I thought it was just okay, but you defintely leave the theater singing, "Everything is Awesome"!

    ReplyDelete